personal presence with eternal style
I originally posted this in 2013 with the title "Fashion fades and style is eternal". The Yves Saint Laurent quote is timely, since I just arrived back from Paris and a visit to 5 Avenue Marceau. And the relevance of his words came to life by the number of (mostly) women willing to wait outside on a cold Parisian November Friday for an over an hour. The pull, dear readers...of eternal style. And the pull of YSL clothing that truly stands the test of time....as simply and beautifully divine even after 40 years. Elegant and made to highlight the wearer, it is style not fashion that inspires. Because it touches a place deep in our soul that says even 40 years after the fact...it and we are still beautiful. So here is the original post...I hope you enjoy it!
Jessica Alba is a beautiful young woman. So let us look at how the beautiful Kenzo coat could melt more harmoniously and hence eternally with her beauty. Eternal style isn't about classic or funky, romantic or dramatic. Eternal means that as trends come and go, whatever you wear always (eternally) ensures you are seen. You wear the clothes...not them wearing you.
1. Jessica has very soft coloring and the intense hue of the coat overwhelms her. Hence we see it her. On the runway it would have been a very tall model intensely made up...not something Jessica wants to do in broad daylight.
2. FABRIC WEIGHT: Jessica is curvy and delicate. This beautiful cobalt blue coat is volumious and pulls our eye downward.
3. LENGTH:because the length pulls our eye downward shoes, or skinny trousers is hair colour would have created harmony with her upper half.
4. FOOTWEAR: The shoes are heavy for her delicate ankles and together with the coat weight put keep your eyes downward.
5. SOUL WEAR: This is the essential point, if she loves the coat and it touches her soul then she needs to wear it. How could she wear it so more of her beauty appears? For example, by pairing it with haired color fine caramel shoes and skinny trousers so that we are drawn upward towards her face. Then we would see both portrait beauty and colouring and her soul's love for cobalt blue! Eternal style!
Brown shoes...or gold would have been great with the brown dress. And in the other photos...they speak for themselves. She shines! A lesson for us all...do we shine in our clothes...or do the clothes shine!