express your strengths
Myers-Briggs and psychological type are based on the idea that people have preferences. Some people like more alone time, others are energized by team activities. Some make decsions based on how they feel....others prefer to review facts. Learning your type develops self-awareness in four areas: how you get energized, gather information, make decisions and whether you prefer a structured or flexible lifestyle. These preferences are your strengths... identifying them allows you to take advantage of and appreciate how you are made. And as you gain understanding of your type, you understand better communicate your ideas and messages so others can see, hear and value them.
Creative color wisdom develops self awareness and empowers you to effectively express your unique beauty and strengths. You understand:
1. Your favorite colors and why they touch you so deeply.
2. The colours of your hair, skin, eyes and lips and how to name the colors beautifully.
3. How your favorite nature landscapes, interior designs and artworks relate to you.
4. The names of your colors: muted, tinted, shaded, toasted, watered so you can identify them when you see them.
5. Your best neutral colours, where the are found in you and how they combine into outfits.
6. How all along you have been the expert on your best colors.
7. A new and exciting world of colors.
8. How to value your own body colors and your own beauty.
9. How to bring your beauty and strengths together in one outfit.
9. How to appreciate other's beauty even more...because you truly understand the beauty in your own color palette and no longer experience lack or longing.
10. If you love a Rothko painting...you can wear it...and how to do so. You start seeing that in getting dressed....you create your own masterpieces...by presenting you beauty to the world!
And example of how this works:
A. my signature character strengths are spirituality, appreciation of beauty, hope, love of learning, creativity and gratitude.
B. my color contrast is low, my intensity light and bright, my values medium light.
Outfit 1 as a participant at a creative conference. It highlights my personal light and brightness combined with my strengths love of beauty and hope thru cream and sunshine coloring.
Outfit 2 is for a workshop for upper management of a conservative company where they were dealing with personal brand, style and vision for the first time so my choices are different. Especially, as my goal was to express creativity but also highlight depth and love of learning I chose grey as a base with accent of yellow.
A woman with a deeper and lower contrast and who loves Rothko might zero in on the darker shades...possibly not needing or wanting the cream that I bring in. There are many ways to interpret a picture thru clothing....understanding your physiology, strengths and context ensure you identify and bring to life yours.